Sunday, May 1, 2011

Shawn Cipa tries out the Orbital and the Tilt-Top. Wow!

World renown woodcarver and author Shawn Cipa has used Grip-All Jaws for a while and he sounded really impressed.

We don't like to brag (well, OK we do but it's so much better when a professional does it) but Shawn's work is known around the world and he knows what works best for him. we'll just let him tell it:

As a professional woodcarver, I constantly search for products to help me accomplish my goals more easily.  Clamping and securing my work effectively has always been a source of frustration; since I often create unusual shapes and work with natural pieces, I have never been satisfied with what the market has to offer.  Then along came Grip-All Jaws!  This product is truly what I would call I uniquely "creative" solution to the universal clamping problem.  No matter what the task is, Grip-All Jaws systems deliver with rock solid stability while maintaining a gentle, non-crushing hold on the subject at hand.
Although the Tilt-top system's main feature is portability, I enjoy it because I can adjust the working height without having to bend over so much - no more lower back pain!
The Orbital system is like having a third hand; it's perfect for working on smaller pieces that you would normally hand-hold while whittling.  It provides a much safer carving environment, and is great for painting and finishing as well.
I have found these products to be a truly invaluable addition to my workshop, and I look forward to more groundbreaking products to emerge from the clamping genius that is RP Myers' Grip-All Jaws systems.
~ Shawn Cipa
Thanks for the nice words, Shawn! Look for his article in the fall issue of Woodcarving Illustrated magazine - due out at the end of summer. And check out Shawn's site and see some his fine work.

No comments:

Post a Comment